Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"The boy" and other parenting delights

Landon loves trains. Loves them. He enters an almost trance like state when playing with them. I totally encourage this love because it's something he enjoys doing that does not involve some form of mischief i.e. *cooking in the kitchen. This leads me to "the boy". He came from Grampy's polar express train that comes out for Christmas. Last time we saw the boy he was sitting in landon's mash potato's on Christmas eve. For about 4 months solid there was constant talk of "where's boy" "grampy mimi find boy?" and so on.

Cue delivery of new furniture and removal of old and the boy was discovered lodged in between a cushion. The boy has somehow made it over to our house, oh and did I mention how small the boy is. The other morning Landon came up the stairs in his usual good morning, followed by "where's boy?" We don't let Landon bring "the boy" to sleep with him because of his for mentioned size. It would be tragic if the boy was ever lost and I don't have the time to search for him every morning. The point of this story, mm not really sure what it is. I'm just personally amused by the boy. It's like my own personal inside joke. It just makes me chuckle.

* and when I refer to cooking, yeah. Just when I thought I'm one step ahead of him. Long story short. I was taking a shower under the presumption landon was downstairs with Shaun. (Note to self, always confirm he is indeed under the watchful eye of daddy when showering) Upon hearing a large amount of commotion, I quickly ended my shower when, I found the following....a trail of espresso beans (from a brand new bag) leading to the counter, where 2 martini glasses stood full of beans (one was broken on the floor) and a greasy substance which I quickly discovered was olive oil imported from greece (a brand new bottle as well, now completely empty). Not only was it in the glasses but was all over the counter, in the coffee grinder *heartattack* and the espresso machine. I kind of blinked in disbelief, and as the reality hit me of what I was gazing upon, Landon appeared (upon which I eyed him for any injuries from the COFFEE GRINDER) and asked him what the heck he was doing. To which he replied "cooking," turned and walked off. (I just realized how bad this story makes me look as a mother, I promise you, this child's curiosity and drive to do things has me constantly on my toes. When things like the above happen, I am almost unfazed by it now. It's just a normal, daily occurrence in our house and the speed at which he can accomplish his mischief is record breaking, especially when I am distracted with babies.)

2 comments:

  1. That poor "boy" has been through a lot. Being stuck inside my Pellegrino bottle was traumatic and then he nearly crashed through the magazine table by way of his much larger friend Landon.

    I enjoy life at your house. It's good you blog so you can look back and chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this makes me laugh. But the reason I must post here is that Eden MUST not see Landon in that t-shirt. Unless, of course, we plan on experimenting with a little immersion therapy for her alligator phobia. (Think Landon when he saw Eden in her monkey costume their second Halloween...)

    ReplyDelete